England, Germany, France, Italy and Spain are among the winners so far in the last set of European Qualifiers for 2016, with Portugal one of the 16 teams in action on Sunday.
• The nine group winners will advance directly to join Russia in the 32-team FIFA World Cup final tournament.
• The eight runners-up with the best record against the teams first, third, fourth and fifth in their groups proceed to play-offs to decide the remaining four European berths.
Friday 11 November
• England overcame Scotland 3-0 in the 114th meeting between the sides, their first competitive encounter at the new Wembley.
• France rally from 1-0 down to beat Sweden in a game that was moved from Sunday, which is the anniversary of last year's Paris bombings.
Group A: France 2-1 Sweden
Group C: Czech Republic 2-1 Norway, Northern Ireland 4-0 Azerbaijan, San Marino 0-8 Germany
Group E: Romania 0-3 Poland, Denmark 4-1 Kazakhstan, Armenia 3-2 Montenegro
Group F: England 3-0 Scotland, Slovakia 4-0 Lithuania, Malta 0-1 Slovenia
Saturday 12 November
• Spain and Italy remain a point ahead of Israel, who won 3-0 against nine-man Albania
• Republic of Ireland and Croatia both move two points clear in their groups.
Group D: Austria 0-1 Republic of Ireland, Georgia 1-1 Moldova, Wales 1-1 Serbia
Group G: Spain 4-0 FYR Macedonia, Albania 0-3 Israel, Liechtenstein 0-4 Italy
Group I: Croatia 2-0 Iceland, Turkey 2-0 Kosovo, Ukraine 1-0 Finland
Sunday 13 November
• Switzerland, Belgium and Greece defend the only perfect records other than Germany's.
• The Netherlands will bid to close the gap on France and Sweden in Group A.
• Next Week of Football: 24–26 March
Friday 24 March: Italy v Albania, Republic of Ireland v Wales
Saturday 25 March: Portugal v Hungary, Belgium v Greece
Sunday 26 March: Romania v Denmark, Northern Ireland v Norway