The road to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia resumes on Friday as the fifth set of fixtures brings the nine European Qualifiers groups to their halfway stage.
• The nine group winners will advance directly to join Russia in the 32-team FIFA World Cup final tournament.
• The eight runners-up with the best records against the sides first, third, fourth and fifth in their groups proceed to play-offs to decide the remaining four finals berths allocated to Europe.
Friday 24 March
• Spain and Italy look for Group G wins that would take them well clear of challengers Israel and Albania.
• Unbeaten Croatia and Ukraine meet at the Group I summit.
Group D: Republic of Ireland (10) v Wales (6), Austria (4) v Moldova (1)
Group G: Spain (10) v Israel (9), Italy (10) v Albania (6), Liechtenstein (0) v FYR Macedonia (0)
Group I: Kosovo (1) v Iceland (7), Croatia (10) v Ukraine (8)
Saturday 25 March
• Switzerland put their perfect Group B record on the line while behind them Portugal and Hungary have a pivotal fixture.
• Similarly Belgium are yet to drop a point in Group H but visitors Greece could overtake them.
Sunday 26 March
• Holders Germany have still to give up either a point or a goal in Group C but their hosts Azerbaijan have proved a surprise package.
• Montenegro can join Poland at the top of Group E with a win as the two sides face off.
• Next Week of Football: 9–11 June
Friday 9 June: Sweden v France, Latvia v Portugal
Saturday 10 June: Scotland v England, Poland v Romania
Sunday 11 June: Serbia v Wales, Iceland v Croatia