Baku United FC made English futsal history by reaching the elite round on Thursday while Inter FS and ISK Dina Moskva were among those winning in the four main round groups beginning. As many as six teams could join Baku in the UEFA Futsal Cup elite round on Friday when already-qualified Sporting Clube de Paris and FK EP Chrudim play for Group 1 first place.
Iberia Star Tbilisi 0-4 Rekord Bielsko-Biała
• Rekord, from Poland, who came through the preliminary round, sailed past the only club to enter all 14 editions of this competition. All four goals came in the second half, including two by Artur Popławski.
FK Nikars Riga 4-1 FC Grand Pro Varna
• Hosts Nikars set up a potential decider with Rekord on Friday after sealing victory. Arnaldo's early opener was cancelled out but two Maksims Seņs goals did down the preliminary round qualifiers from Bulgaria.
Futsal Team Charleroi 4-2 MNK Alumnus Zagreb
• Preliminary round winners Alumnus scored in the first minute but Charleroi were 3-1 up at half-time with scorers including Zico and Liliu. Having responded quickly to arrears being reduced with an own goal, Alumnus went on to win despite the Zagreb side deploying a flying goalkeeper.
ISK Dina Moskva 4-2 FC Deva
• Hosts Dina, the dominant Russian side in the 1990s but making their debut in this competition, were given a tough start by Romania's Deva, who came from behind to lead at half-time before Alemao and Serhiy Sytin both scored in the 21st minute. If Charleroi beat Deva and Dina defeat Alumnus on Friday, both progress.
Inter FS 5-0 Hovocubo
• Three-time winners Inter of Madrid opened their campaign in style, prevailing thanks to two goals from Rafael, one apiece from Ricardinho and Ortiz, and an Issam El Bakkali own goal.
KMN Kobarid 1-6 Lokomotiv Kharkiv
• Group hosts Kobarid, 3-1 down at half-time, deployed a flying goalkeeper after going 4-1 behind but then conceded two further goals. Lokomotiv face Inter on Friday.
Athina '90 0-3 Luparense C/5
• Goals from the superb Humberto Honorio, Waltinho and Michele Miarelli ended the hopes of Athina and got Luparense off the mark after defeat yesterday by Baku. Achis Christos in the Athina goal kept the score down and won applause even from opposition fans.
KMF Ekonomac Kragujevac 1-4 Baku United FC
• London club Baku became the first English side to make the elite round courtesy of goals from Marcelo, Carlos, Chus and Tobe in a clinical performance. Ekonomac must beat Luparense on Saturday to join confirmed group winners Baku in the last 16.
Slov-Matic Bratislava 5-1 FC APOEL Nicosia
• Mourning club president and founder Martin Grendár, who died this week, Bratislava dominated, Anton Brunovský capping the performance with a superb run and finish in the final second.
MVFC Berettyóújfalu 3-2 Vegakameratene
• Hosts Berettyóújfalu of Hungary edged a tight game against the Norwegian champions. Péter Szabó's first-half goal and two from János Rábl after the break drew responses from Thomas Laussen and Andreas Nordby. Berettyóújfalu were unable to convert two double penalties late on and were relieved to hear the whistle. If they beat APOEL and Bratislava defeat Vegakameratene on Friday, both are through.
Reporters: Rok Šinkovc, Alexandr Ustinov, Ivan Vjetrović & Andy Clark
Through to elite round:
Group 1: Sporting Clube de Paris (FRA), FK EP Chrudim (CZE)
Group 5: Baku United FC (ENG)
Byes: FC Barcelona (ESP, holders), Kairat Almaty (KAZ), Araz Naxçivan (AZE), Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR)
9 more tbc
Draw: 17 October
Matches: 18–23 November
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.