14.00CET, 26 September, Nyon
Debutants Scotland were among a record 46 nations in the UEFA Futsal EURO qualifying draw aiming to lift the trophy at Serbia 2016.
While the hosts were assured of a place in the finals from 2–13 February 2016 in Belgrade, the other 45 countries went into the qualifying draw at UEFA headquarters in Nyon. The 21 teams with the highest coefficients, including holders Italy, received a bye to the main round, with the other 24 hopefuls starting in the preliminary round.
Preliminary round: 13–18 January 2015
• Six groups were formed of four teams, all to be played as one-venue mini-tournaments.
• The contenders were split into four seeding tiers according to their coefficient ranking. Six sides were designated as hosts and drawn from a separate pot, while being placed in their groups according to their seeding tier.
• The six group winners, plus the best runners-up, will advance to the main round.
Main round: 17–22 March 2015
• Seven groups of four were formed.
• Again the teams were divided into four seeding tiers, with the seven qualified sides from the preliminary round drawn in the fourth tier. The seven hosts were also pre-selected as per the preliminary round draw.
• The seven main round group winners will progress to join Serbia in the final tournament. The seven runners-up plus the best third-placed team will enter the play-offs on 15 and 22 September 2015. The winners of the four two-legged ties will complete the 12-nation lineup for the finals.
PRELIMINARY ROUND (hosts in bold type)
MAIN ROUND (hosts in bold type)
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Winner, preliminary round Group E
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Best runner-up, preliminary round
Winner, preliminary round Group B
Winner, preliminary round Group A
Winner, preliminary round Group D
Winner, preliminary round Group F
Winner, preliminary round Group C
*Due to UEFA Emergency Panel decisions, Spain could not be drawn with Gibraltar and Azerbaijan could not be drawn with Armenia.
Hosts to finals: Serbia
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.