A right-back who can also operate as a holding midfielder, Giannis Maniatis raised his profile when he joined Olympiacos FC in January 2011 after a lengthy stint with Panionios GSS that brought him 137 Greek Super League appearances. He came on three times as a substitute for Greece in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying.
• Joined Panionios in 2004 and made occasional appearances during his late teens before cementing a regular place in the side after he turned 20 and becoming a regular in the Greek Under-21 selection.
• Made 27 league appearances − all but one in the starting lineup − in 2006/07, when the club finished fifth and qualified for Europe.
• Helped Panionios into the group stage of the following season's UEFA Cup after making his European debut in a 2-0 win at FC Sochaux-Montbéliard in the first round.
• Scored his first Super League goal the following season, against Aris Thessaoliniki FC on 18 October 2008, and held his place in the side for the next two years despite a succession of coaching changes.
• Awarded his first cap in a Belgrade friendly against Serbia on 11 August 2010, he left Panionios for Olympiacos five months later and has since helped the club win consecutive Super League titles and a Greek Cup.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.