Clubs: Sporting Clube de Portugal, Manchester United FC, Real Madrid CF
• Born in Funchal, Madeira, he joined Sporting after a successful trial and scored twice on his league debut; was whisked away to Old Trafford at 18 after impressing United players in a pre-season friendly to inaugurate Sporting's new stadium.
• Won the FA Cup in his first season with United, scoring the opener in a 3-0 final defeat of Millwall FC, and came to the fore for Portugal at UEFA EURO 2004, registering his first international goal in the opening loss to Greece and excelling thereafter, winning a place in UEFA's All-Star Squad.
• Scored seven goals in 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifying and helped Portugal reach the semi-finals; returned to England and enjoyed a brilliant 2006/07 campaign, winning the league with United and both player and footballer of the year prizes (as well as the young player gong).
• Retained both those personal accolades in 2007/08 thanks to a phenomenal scoring run: top marksman in the Premier League (31 goals) and UEFA Champions League (eight), both of which United won.
• The 2008 UEFA Club Footballer of the Year, Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year, he helped United to another domestic title in 2009 but lost the UEFA Champions League final to FC Barcelona in his last game for the Red Devils.
• Signed a six-year contract with Madrid in June 2009 after a world record €92m move and in his second season picked up the ESM Golden Shoe, registering a record 40 Liga goals in 34 games, and headed the winner in the Copa del Rey final against Barcelona.
• Bettered that total in 2011/12 with 46 goals as Madrid won the Liga title, but it was not enough to retain the ESM Golden Shoe due to Lionel Messi's astonishing half-century of strikes for Barcelona. Ronaldo's own remarkable tally of 69 goals in all competitions in 2013, including a UEFA Champions League group stage record of nine, helped earn the FIFA Ballon d'Or for a second time.
• Became the first player to score nine goals in a UEFA Champions League group stage when he registered against FC København on 10 December 2013, and in the semi-final second leg versus FC Bayern München set a new record for a single European Cup campaign with his 15th and 16th strikes of the season. Converted an extra-time penalty in the decider against Club Atlético de Madrid.
UEFA EURO 2004: runner-up
UEFA EURO 2004: All-Star Squad
UEFA EURO 2012: Team of the Tournament
UEFA Champions League: winner 2008, 2014; runner-up 2009
UEFA Champions League: leading scorer 2007/08, 2012/13, 2013/14
UEFA Super Cup: 2014
UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2008
UEFA Club Forward of the Year: 2008
UEFA.com users' Team of the Year: 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.