Clubs: Sakaryaspor, Bursaspor, Galatasaray AŞ, Torino FC, Galatasaray AŞ, FC Internazionale Milano, Parma FC, Blackburn Rovers FC, Galatasaray AŞ
UEFA Cup: winner 2000
• Turkey's all-time record scorer with 51 goals in 112 international appearances, the 'Bull of the Bosphorus' was immensely prolific for Galatasary, where he had three spells and won 14 major honours, including the 2000 UEFA Cup.
• Won the Turkish Cup with Sakaryaspor before moving in 1990 to Bursaspor and joining Galatasaray for the first time in 1992, landing the title in his first two seasons.
• Moved to Italy in 1995 but failed to settle at Torino and made a quick return to Galatasaray, winning the Turkish Süper Lig golden boot for three successive seasons (1996/97 to 1998/99), all of which brought further titles.
• Scored six goals in nine games – including one in each of the quarter-final and semi-final ties – as Galatasaray won the 1999/2000 UEFA Cup, becoming the first Turkish team to win a European club trophy.
• First capped by Turkey in March 1992 while a Bursaspor player, he became the team's resident centre-forward, appearing at the UEFA European Championships of 1996 and 2000.
• Scored the fastest goal in FIFA World Cup finals history 11 seconds into the third-place play-off against co-hosts South Korea in 2002. Twelve months later he was voted by UEFA as Turkey's Golden Player of the previous 50 years.
• Spells abroad between 2000 and 2003 − at Inter, Parma and Blackburn − led him back to the home comforts of Galatasaray, where he won the Turkish Cup for the sixth time before sealing his seventh and eighth league titles.
• Brought up a half-century of international goals when he scored four times in a 5-0 defeat of Moldova on 11 October 2006; closed his account the following June with his 51st goal as Turkey lost 3-2 to Bosnia-Herzegovina in a UEFA EURO 2008 qualifier.
• Retired in 2008 as the Turkish top flight's all-time record marksman with 249 goals; also found the net a Galatasaray-record 38 times in UEFA club competition.
• Hakan received a commemorative cap and medal from UEFA to mark his century of international appearances on 7 October 2011, before Turkey's 1-0 victory against Azerbaijan in UEFA European Championship qualifying.
• "There's no doubt that every game I played for the national team holds a very special place in my heart," he said. "I'm deeply honoured that my international career, filled with significant memories, is recognised by UEFA."
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.