Clubs: EC Juventude, OGC Nice, Olympique Lyonnais
• Born in the state of Sao Paulo, Ederson Honorato Campos caught the eye at Brazilian top-flight club Juventude and was a member of Brazil's triumphant squad at the 2003 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Finland, scoring twice in six games.
• Left his homeland for France in January 2005, making his Ligue 1 debut for Nice the following month and scoring his first goal – a stunning long-range strike – to win the Côte d'Azur derby against AS Monaco FC (2-1) on 26 February.
• The attacking midfielder established himself over the following three seasons as a key player for Nice, helping them to the French League Cup final in 2006 and attracting the interest of several major European clubs; scored seven goals in 36 starts in 2007/08 as Nice finished eighth in Ligue 1.
• Agreed a move to Lyon in January 2008, joining six months later, and struck his first goal for Les Gones from the penalty spot against Le Havre AC on 20 September.
• A regular in Lyon's run to the 2009/10 UEFA Champions League semi-finals, his first league goal of that campaign came in a 4-1 defeat by former club Nice.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.