Clubs: Feyenoord, Arsenal FC, Manchester United FC
• As a teenager he won the UEFA Cup in his first full season at home-town club Feyenoord, producing a fine display in the final at De Kuip against Borussia Dortmund.
• Won the FA Cup in his first campaign at Arsenal, 2004/05, scoring twice in the semi-finals against Blackburn Rovers FC; reached the UEFA Champions League final the following season but had to settle for a place on the bench against FC Barcelona in Paris.
• An impressive FIFA World Cup in Germany followed, as he started all four matches and scored a spectacular free-kick against Ivory Coast.
• Was a key man for the Oranje at the start of UEFA EURO 2008 qualifying with four goals in three matches and returned from injury to score twice at the finals – against France and Romania.
• His 2009/10 season was wrecked by ankle ligament damage, sustained in a November friendly versus Italy; scored once, against Cameroon, in seven matches at the FIFA World Cup finals as the Netherlands finished runners-up to Spain.
• Finished as the 30-goal top scorer in the 2011/12 Premier League season, scoring hat-tricks against Chelsea FC and Blackburn, and was voted player of the year by the Football Writers' Association.
• Moved to Manchester United FC in the summer of 2012 and enjoyed an outstanding first season with the Red Devils, ending as the league's top scorer, and scoring a hat-trick against Aston Villa FC which confirmed a 20th Englilsh title for United, and a first Premier League crown for himself.
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2006
UEFA Cup: winner 2002
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.