Clubs: VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach, Olympiacos FC, Panionios GSS (loan), Atromitos FC (loan)
• Moved from his birthplace of Kavala to north-west Germany as a child and developed his talent at youth and amateur level with VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach.
• Did enough there to warrant place in the Greece team at the 2007 UEFA European Under-19 Championship in Austria, where he scored three of his team's five goals, including one in a 3-2 semi-final victory over Germany before drawing a blank in the decider against Spain.
• International exploits earned a transfer to Olympiacos, for whom he scored three crucial goals in the last three games of the 2007/08 season to secure the Super League title; also won the Greek Cup, starting the final against Aris Thessaloniki FC.
• Claimed another domestic double in 2008/09 but was hardly used by Spanish coach Ernesto Valverde; more productive under Zico in the first half of the 2009/10 campaign, during which he scored his first UEFA Champions League group stage goal in a 2-1 home win against R. Standard de Liège and also struck twice in a league derby at home to Panathinaikos FC.
• A Greek Under-21 international, he collected his first senior cap as a substitute in the first leg of the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying play-off against Ukraine.
• Joined Panionios on a six-month loan in January 2011 and immediately showed his striking prowess by scoring eight times in 11 league appearances; continued his impressive form at Atromitos with 16 goals in 28 outings in 2011/12.
• Returned to Olympiacos in 2012/13 and made his mark with four goals in six UEFA Champions League group stage games, including the winner in matches against Montpellier Hérault SC and Arsenal FC, and 11 in the league as the club took the title by 15 points.
• Scored back-to-back hat-tricks against Levadiakos FC and Skoda Xanthi FC as Olympiacos opened the 2013/14 season with for straight wins.
UEFA European Under-19 Championship: runner-up 2007
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.