Date of birth: 17 June 1964
Playing career: FC Eindhoven, HFC Haarlem, RKC Waalwijk, FC Eeklo, Helmond Sport
Coaching career: Hamburger SV
• Named as Hamburg coach until the end of the season following the dismissal of Bruno Labbadia on Monday 26 April, this is Moniz's first spell in sole command of a club having spent much of his career working as a specialist skills coach.
• Born in Haarlem, Moniz represented a number of clubs in the Netherlands as a midfielder, scoring 38 goals in 255 league games between 1981 and his retirement in 1993.
• A firm believer in the Wiel Coerver coaching technique, which emphasises the importance of technique and ball control, Moniz worked as a specialist skills coach with Feyenoord, PSV Eindhoven and Grasshopper-Club prior to joining countryman Martin Jol at Tottenham Hotspur FC in 2005.
• Having worked with Jol successfully at White Hart Lane, he linked up again with the coach at Hamburg in June 2008 and continued to hone players' technical skills at the Hamburg Arena after Jol returned to the Netherlands to take charge of AFC Ajax the following summer.
• Combined his skills work with a role as one of Labbadia's assistants in the 2009/10 season; he is held in high regard at the club for his positive attitude, clear thinking and motivational abilities.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.