Date of birth: 19 November 1969
Playing career: Ereğli Erdemirspor (youth), Fenerbahçe SK (youth), Gaziantepspor, Samsunspor (twice), Beşiktaş JK
Coaching career: Samsunspor, Kayserispor, Beşiktaş JK, Bursaspor
• Joined Fenerbahçe after moving to Istanbul for university, obtaining a master's degree after seven years of study. Started his professional career as a striker at Gaziantepspor in 1986, signing for Samsunspor two years later.
• Bought by Beşiktaş in 1994, his first campaign ended in title success with Sağlam contributing 22 goals, while the Turkish Cup followed three years later. A member of Turkey's EURO '96 squad.
• Returned to Samsunspor in 2000, retiring three years later. Appointed as the club's assistant and then caretaker coach in 2003/04, taking permanent charge the following season. Moved to Kayserispor in 2005, securing two fifth-placed finishes in three campaigns to take the club into Europe for the first time.
• Back at Beşiktaş for 2007/08 and guided the team into the UEFA Champions League group stage, where they suffered an 8-0 defeat at Liverpool FC – a competition record. Finished third in the league, Sağlam resigning in October 2008 following UEFA Cup elimination.
• Took charge of Bursaspor in January 2009, leading them to third place. The following season, as the Süper Lig's youngest coach, took the team to their first league title – the first time since 1984 the prize had not gone to one of Istanbul's big three clubs.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.