The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia have held the edge over UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying Group B opponents Armenia in recent contests but came out second best in the run-up to EURO '96.
FYROM team news
• Aco Stojkov misses out with a hamstring injury, while Vanče Šikov is suspended after being sent off in the 1-0 defeat by Slovakia on Friday. "Armenia is not an attractive opponent but still a difficult one," said coach Mirsad Jonuz. "We must play with patience and calm and remain focused. With a passing game and collective approach we can take advantage of the weaknesses in their defence and achieve victory."
• FYROM squad
Goalkeepers: Edin Nuredinovski (Ethnikos Achnas FC), Darko Tofilovski (MFK Košice), Martin Bogatinov (FK Rabotnicki)
Defenders: Boban Grncarov (APOEL FC), Igor Mitreski (Neftçi PFK), Nikolce Noveski (1. FSV Mainz 05), Vance Sikov (Ethnikos Achnas FC)
Midfielders: Aleksandar Todorovski (FK Rad), Goran Popov (FC Dynamo Kyiv), Aleksandar Lazevski (FK Partizan), Armend Alimi (NK Istra), Agim Ibraimi (NK Maribor), Slavco Georgievski (Neftçi PFK),Velice Sumulikoski (FC Sibir Novosibirsk), Filip Despotovski (SC Volyn Lutsk), Mario Gjurovski (FK Vojvodina)
Forwards: Goran Pandev (FC Internazionale Milano), Ilco Naumoski (SV Mattersburg), Aco Stojkov (FC Aarau), Stevica Ristic (FC Amkar Perm), Blaze Ilijoski (Gangwon FC), Ivan Trickovski (APOEL FC)
• Hovhannes Hambardzumyan is set to replace Artak Edigaryan at left-back after the FC Pyunik defender picked up an injury in Friday's 1-0 loss to the Republic of Ireland. "We will be fighting in every match as we showed against Ireland in Yerevan," said coach Vardan Minasyan. "But we will not underestimate Macedonia, we are preparing for a match against a very difficult opponent".
• Armenia squad
Goalkepeers: Roman Berezovsky (FC Khimki), Gevorg Kasparov (FC Mika), Stepan Ghazaryan (FC Banants)
Defenders: Sargis Hovsepyan (FC Pyunik), Robert Arzumanyan (Randers
FC), Artak Edigaryan (FC Pyunik), Aghvan Mkrtchyan (FC Mika), Hrayr
Mkoyan (FC Mika), Ararat Arakelyan (FC Banants), Artur Yuspashyan (FC
Pyunik), Hovhannes Hambardzumyan (FC Banants), Levon Hayrapetyan
Midfielders: Karlen Mkrtchyan (FC Pyunik), Masis Voskanyan (KSV
Roeselare), Davit Manoyan (FC Pyunik) Levon Pachajyan (Sanat Naft
FC), Artur Edigaryan (PAS Hamedan FC), Artak Grigoryan (Ulisses
FC), Edgar Malakyan (FC Pyunik), Artak Dashyan (FC Metalurh Donetsk),
Artak Aleksanyan (FC Ural Ekaterinburg)
Forwards: Yura Movsisyan (Randers FC), Edgar Manucharyan (FC Pyunik), Samvel Melkonyan (FC Banants), Gevorg Ghazaryan (FC Pyunik), Henrik Mkhitaryan (FC Metalurh Donetsk), Hovhannes Goharyan (FC Pyunik), Markos Pizzelli (FC Pyunik)
• FYROM's record in four encounters with Armenia reads W2 D1 L1 (W1 D0 L1 at home).
• Their most recent meetings came in qualifying for the 2006 FIFA World Cup, starting with a 3-0 victory for FYROM in Skopje on 18 August 2004 thanks to goals from Goran Pandev, Artim Sakiri and Veliče Šumulikoski. Armenia's Harutyun Vardanyan was dismissed on 70 minutes.
• Pandev also struck twice in the return as FYROM prevailed 2-1 in Yerevan on 4 June 2005. He opened the scoring from the penalty spot on 29 minutes before doubling the visitors' lead two minutes after the restart, with Edgar Manucharyan then hitting Armenia's reply.
• The first fixture between the teams produced a 2-2 draw in Yerevan on 10 May 1995 as both sides vied for a finals place at EURO '96. Armenia led 2-0 following strikes from Razmik Grigoryan and Armen Shahgeldyan but were eventually pegged back by Georgi Hristov and Ljupco Markovski.
• Armenia won the return 2-1 in Skopje on 6 September 1995. Toni Micevski put FYROM in front only for Grigoryan and Shahgeldyan to seal victory for the visitors.
• That proved to be Armenia's sole win in qualifying Group 2 as they finished bottom with five points from ten games. FYROM also won once but finished two points higher in fourth.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.