Clubs: Le Havre AC, FC Sochaux-Montbéliard, Charlton Athletic FC, FC Girondins de Bordeaux, Olympique de Marseille
• A native of Senegal, Diawara began his professional career in France with Le Havre, making his top-flight debut on 28 August 1999 in a 2-1 defeat at AJ Auxerre.
• Relegated with the Normandy club in 2000 but promoted two years later, he transferred in 2003 to Sochaux, where he remained for three seasons, the first two including UEFA Cup campaigns.
• First capped by Senegal on 19 November 2002 in a friendly against South Africa, he represented his country at three successive Africa Cup of Nations tournaments (2004, 2006, 2008).
• Moved to England in 2006 but spent just one season with Charlton, which resulted in relegation from the Premier League, and returned to France to join Bordeaux, with whom he won Ligue 1 and the League Cup in 2008/09.
• Left Bordeaux for Marseille and achieved the same domestic double with his new club, scoring the opening goal in the League Cup final against Bordeaux, a 3-1 win, and starting 37 of OM's 38 matches in the championship, scoring four goals.
• Won a second successive French League Cup in 2011, making his four medals in the competition a record after earlier successes woth Sochaux and Bordeaux.
• Helped Marseille return to the UEFA Champions League, courtesy of a second-placed Ligue 1 finish in 2012/13.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.