Clubs: Viking FK, FC København, Fulham FC
UEFA Europa League: runner-up 2010
• Born in Houston, Texas but raised in the Norwegian coastal town of Stavanger, strapping centre-back Hangeland began his senior career at home town club Viking after a spell in the youth team of local rivals FK Vidar.
• Won the Norwegian Cup with Viking in 2001 and went on to captain the club, making 114 league appearances before joining København.
• Made his mark internationally at FCK in the 2006/07 UEFA Champions League in addition to claiming back-to-back Danish league titles; also won the Scandinavian Royal League with the club in 2006.
• Won first international cap for Norway in a friendly against Austria in Vienna on 20 November 2002 and later became the captain of his country, belatedly scoring his first international goal on his 62nd appearance in a UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier against Iceland.
• Moved to Fulham in January 2008 and became a fixture in central defence under Roy Hodgson, starring in their run to the UEFA Europa League final in 2009/10, scoring crucial goals against AS Roma and FC Shakhtar Donetsk.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.