Clubs: RSC Anderlecht, Chelsea FC, West Bromwich Albion FC (loan)
• A prolific goalscorer in youth football, Antwerp-born Lukaku signed his first professional contract with Anderlecht on his 16th birthday – 13 May 2009 – and made his debut 11 days later in a Belgian title play-off against R. Standard de Liège.
• Scored his maiden league goal on 22 August 2009 in a 2-0 victory at SV Zulte Waregem − the first of 15 which helped Anderlecht to the title and earned Lukaku a championship winners' medal while still only 16.
• Eclipsed that tally by one the following season and also scored two in as many games at the start of 2011/12 before joining Chelsea in early August for a fee thought to be worth at least €20m.
• Scored on his debut for the Belgium Under-21s – against Slovakia − and was capped for the first time by the seniors aged 16 years 294 days in a March 2010 friendly against Croatia.
• Loaned to West Bromwich Albion FC for the 2012/13 season and enjoyed an outstanding campaign, scoring 17 goals in 35 Premier League appearances, to help the Baggies to an eighth-placed finish.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.