Clubs: AJ Auxerre, Tottenham Hotspur FC, Portsmouth FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
UEFA European Under-19 Championship: winner 2005
• A French Cup winner at 19 with his first club, Auxerre, Kaboul also helped France Under-19s to European glory in Northern Ireland a couple of months later.
• After 52 Ligue 1 games − and three goals − for Auxerre, the tall centre-back moved to England, joining Tottenham, but after just one season at White Hart Lane – during which he established himself as an Under-21 international for France − he left for Portsmouth.
• Scored five goals in 50 appearances for Pompey, the first of them in an epic UEFA Cup tie against AC Milan at Fratton Park, before returning in January 2010 to Spurs, where he rejoined the manager who had signed him for Portsmouth, Harry Redknapp.
• Enjoyed a productive 2010, helping Spurs qualify for the UEFA Champions League and impressing in a 3-1 home win against holders FC Internazionale Milano; also featured regularly in the Premier League, scoring a late headed winner in a 3-2 victory at arch-rivals Arsenal FC.
• Fine club form earned him a first senior call-up for France for a friendly against England at Wembley on 17 November, but he remained on the substitutes' bench throughout Les Bleus' 2-1 win.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.