Clubs: Eintracht Frankfurt (twice), Bayer 04 Leverkusen, FC Schalke 04, Blackburn Rovers FC (loan)
• The son of an American serviceman stationed in Germany, Jones was brought up in the United States but returned to Germany after his parents' divorce to live with his German mother.
• Courted by Eintracht, he made his Bundesliga debut aged 19 but was relegated in his first season; made 39 appearances in the second division over the next two campaigns and played for Germany's Under-21 side.
• Endured a difficult spell at Leverkusen, where he was largely restricted to the substitutes' bench; returned to Frankfurt and was made captain but suffered a hairline fracture to his shin which required two operations and a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
• Joined Schalke on a free transfer, signing a four-year contract in summer 2007; enjoyed immediate success as a dynamic midfield ball-winner and made eight appearances in the 2007/08 UEFA Champions League; his shin injury returned, however, and he missed the entire 2009/10 campaign.
• Almost made Germany's UEFA EURO 2008 squad but his three caps for the Nationalmannschaft came in friendlies, allowing him to switch allegiance and represent the United States; made his debut in October 2010 against Poland (2-2) after a long-awaited return to action with Schalke.
• Having made ten league appearances in the first half of 2010/11, he opted to end his long stay in Germany when he signed on loan for Blackburn in January until the end of the season.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.