Clubs: Manchester United FC, Royal Antwerp FC (loan), Sunderland AFC (loan, twice)
• A graduate of the United academy, Evans made his international debut for Northern Ireland before he had turned out for the Old Trafford club, impressing in a UEFA EURO 2008 qualifying victory against Spain (3-2) in Belfast.
• Spent the 2006/07 campaign on loan to two clubs, spending the first part in the Belgian second tier with Antwerp and the latter half playing for a Sunderland side – then managed by former United captain Roy Keane – which won promotion to the Premier League.
• Back at United for the start of 2007/08, the centre-back finally made his debut in a League Cup defeat by Coventry City FC (0-2) and sampled UEFA Champions League football before moving to Sunderland on loan again in January 2008.
• Broke through at United in 2008/09 following Gerard Piqué's return to FC Barcelona; made 17 league appearances in the title-winning campaign, featured in the FIFA Club World Cup and League Cup finals but was an unused substitute for the UEFA Champions League showpiece loss to FC Barcelona.
• Just as heavily involved in 2009/10 as United retained the League Cup and finished runners-up to Chelsea FC in the Premier League, where Evans and the Red Devils went one better the following season. Earned a third title in 2012/13, making 23 appearances and scoring three goals in a victorious campaign.
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2009
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.