Clubs: Santos FC, EC Juventude, América FC, AS Roma
• Júlio Sérgio's early career in Brazil was relatively obscure but he eventually broke through with Santos, helping Pelé's old club to the Brazilian Série A title in 2002 and 2004.
• Had brief spells with Juventude and América before signing a contract with Roma in 2006.
• Spent his first three seasons at the Stadio Olimpico as an unused reserve under Luciano Spalletti.
• Finally came to the fore under new coach Claudio Ranieri in 2009/10 and made 30 league starts as Roma finished runners-up to FC Internazionale Milano in both Serie A and the Coppa Italia.
• Saved a penalty in the Rome derby against S.S. Lazio in April 2010 (2-1) and signed a new contract the following month, tying him to the Giallorossi until 2014.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.