Clubs: Botafogo FR, SC Corinthians Paulista, Santos FC, Cruzeiro EC, EC Juventude, AS Roma, Liverpool FC
• Doni started out with Botafogo and won three trophies, including the 2002 Brazilian Cup with Corinthians, before moving on to play for three other clubs in his homeland.
• Left Brazil for Europe in 2005 to join Roma and made his Serie A debut in the Derby della Capitale against S.S. Lazio (1-1) on 23 October the same year, after which he replaced Gianluca Curci as the Giallorossi's No1.
• Remained first choice between the posts for the next three seasons, helping Roma to back-to-back Coppa Italia triumphs in 2007 and 2008 – with FC Internazionale Milano the runners-up in both finals.
• Earned his first international cap for Brazil against Turkey (0-0) on 5 June 2007 and starred in the Seleção's Copa América triumph in Venezuela a few weeks later, playing from start to finish in all six matches.
• Despite losing his place at Roma to compatriot Júlio Sérgio in 2009/10 he was included in Brazil's 2010 FIFA World Cup squad − but did not play in South Africa.
• Regained his place in the Roma team in December 2010 but left the club on a free transfer in summer 2011 for Liverpool, where he is expected to provide cover for Pepe Reina.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.