Clubs: FK Sutjeska Nikšić, US Lecce, AS Roma, Juventus
• Born in the Montenegrin town of Niksic, Vučinić started out with local club Sutjeska in the Yugoslav league before scouts from Italy spotted the young striker's potential and lured him across the Adriatic Sea to play for Lecce.
• Played little in his first two seasons at Lecce but came to the fore after their relegation to Serie B and helped them back to the top flight at the first attempt: made his mark in 2004/05 with 19 goals in 28 Serie A games – the fifth highest total in the division – and was rewarded with his international debut for Serbia and Montenegro in a FIFA World Cup qualifier against Belgium (0-0).
• Injured for the FIFA 2006 World Cup finals but left relegated Lecce for Roma that summer; struggled initially in the shadow of Francesco Totti but eventually came good, increasing his goal output every season and peaking with 14 in 2009/10, which contributed heavily to the Giallorossi's record 24-match unbeaten run and a fight to the finish for the Scudetto with FC Internazionale Milano, which was narrowly lost.
• Maintained his form for the Wolves in 2010/11, scoring the winner at home to Inter and another in a derby victory against S.S. Lazio (2-0).
• Captained Montenegro to an excellent start in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying, scoring winners at home to Wales and Switzerland which lifted his goal haul for Montenegro to 11 in 22 matches before missing the qualifier against England at Wembley (0-0) through injury.
• Moved to Juventus for a reported €15m in the summer of 2011, leading the line as the undefeated side won the title in his first campaign.
• Captained his country during the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign, helping them top Group H ahead of England, Ukraine and Poland with three games to play.
• Hit ten Serie A goals as Juve reclaimed the title in 2012/13, and helped the side to the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals, scoring twice in eight appearances in Europe.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.