Clubs: Arsenal FC, Bolton Wanderers FC (loan).
• Wilshere joined Arsenal aged nine and worked his way up through the academy, becoming the youngest player to represent the club in league football at the age of 16 years and 256 days against Blackburn Rovers FC (4-0) in September 2008.
• Scored on his second appearance for the Gunners, a League Cup tie against Sheffield United FC (6-0), shortly before savouring his first taste of UEFA Champions League football, still aged 16, against FC Dynamo Kyiv (1-0).
• Represented England at various youth levels, appearing at the 2009 UEFA European Under-17 Championship in Germany, and winning his first senior cap against Hungary (2-1) on 11 August 2010.
• Impressed with his touch, vision and character when on loan at Bolton in the second half of 2009/10, making 14 Premier League appearances (one goal) in midfield.
• Arsène Wenger turned down Bolton's request for another loan spell in 2010/11 and gave him a regular run in the first XI, which brought a string of bright displays and his first goal in European competition – a delightful chip on UEFA Champions League Matchday 4 against FC Shakhtar Donetsk (5-1).
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.