Clubs: Stade Rennais FC, Olympique Lyonnais
• Started out at US Ivry before joining the Clairefontaine centre of excellence, following a spell at CSF Brétigny, and moved to Rennes in 2001, making his debut aged 17 as a substitute against Paris Saint-Germain FC (0-0) in May 2003.
• Scored his first goal against Football Croix-de-Savoie 74 (2-0) in the French Cup the following season and established himself in the side in 2005/06, making 29 Ligue 1 appearances.
• Played for France Under-21s between February 2005 and October 2006, appearing in the 2006 UEFA European Under-21 Championship semi-final versus the Netherlands (2-3); made his senior debut on 11 October 2008 in a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Romania (2-2).
• Had scored eight league goals in 2008/09 when he ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee while training with France in March of that season, an injury which sidelined him for seven months.
• Signed for Lyon in a €6m deal in June 2010 and became a mainstay of Claude Puel's side, featuring regularly on the wing, playing in every UEFA Champions League group match and scoring against SL Benfica (2-0) on 20 October 2010.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.