Clubs: Gabros IFC, Lobi Stars FC, Olympique de Marseille
• Born in the Nigerian capital of Lagos, Taiwo joined Marseille at 19 and made his Ligue 1 debut at home to RC Lens (2-1) on 12 March 2005.
• Starred for Nigeria at the 2005 FIFA U-20 World Cup, scoring two goals and taking the Bronze Ball (behind Lionel Messi and compatriot John Obi Mikel) as his team finished runners-up to Argentina.
• Established himself as OM's first-choice left-back – and free-kick expert − during 2005/06 in both Ligue 1 and the UEFA Cup; ever-present in the UEFA Champions League in 2007/08 and 2008/09 and also voted as left-back in the Ligue 1 team of the season at the end of both campaigns.
• Twice a runner-up in the Coupe de France and Ligue 1 before helping Marseille end their long trophy drought with victories in the League Cup and Ligue 1 in 2010; made 27 appearances in the title-winning campaign, scoring three goals.
• Represented Nigeria at three successive Africa Cup of Nations tournaments (2006, 2008, 2010) before making his FIFA World Cup finals debut in South Africa, where he made two appearances.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.