Clubs: FC Martigues, RC Lens, LB Châteauroux (loan), OGC Nice, Stade Rennais FC, Olympique de Marseille
• Born in the south of France, in Martigues, Fanni joined his local club before moving up to Ligue 1 level with a 2002 switch to Lens, where he competed in the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Cup.
• Spent the 2004/05 season on loan to Châteauroux before signing a permanent deal with Nice, for whom he made 57 top-flight appearances over the next two seasons.
• With a growing reputation as one of the country's most accomplished right-backs, he moved north again in 2007, joining Rennes; missed just one league game over the 2008/09 and 2009/10 campaigns and earned a first cap for France in an October 2008 friendly against Tunisia (3-1).
• Pre-selected for France's 2010 FIFA World Cup squad but cut from Raymond Domenech's final 23-man party along with Rennes team-mates Jimmy Briand and Yann M'Vila; started Laurent Blanc's first match in charge – in August 2010 against Norway (1-2).
• Made a €4m move to Marseille in December 2010, replacing long-term injury victim César Azpilicueta as the team's first-choice right back, and featured for the first time in a 1-1 draw with Olympique Lyonnais in the penultimate fixture of the year and lifted the League Cup at the end of his first year at the club.
• Played five times as OM failed to make it out of the group stage of the 2011/12 UEFA Champions League but collected another League Cup winners medal the same season. Helped the club to a second-placed Ligue 1 finish 2012/13, helping them return to the UEFA Champions League after a season in the UEFA Europa League, in which he played all six group stage games.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.