Clubs: Olympique de Marseille, FC Lorient (loan), AC Arles-Avignon (loan)
• The son of Marseille and Ghana legend Abédi Pelé, Ayew was born in the north of France while his father was playing for LOSC Lille Métropole.
• A product of the OM academy, he signed professional forms for the club in May 2007 and made his senior debut as a late substitute against Valenciennes FC (1-2) in August that year.
• Made a handful of Ligue 1 and UEFA Champions League appearances in 2007/08 before spending the following campaign on loan to Lorient, where he scored three goals in 22 matches.
• Farmed out again in 2009/10, to Ligue 2 outfit Arles, and helped the Provence merger club win a second successive promotion before returning to Marseille and establishing himself in the first team during the following campaign.
• A FIFA U-20 World Cup winner with Ghana in 2009, he represented his country at senior level at the 2008 and 2010 Africa Cup of Nations as well as the FIFA World Cup in South Africa, where he started the Black Stars' first four games before missing the ill-fated quarter-final against Uruguay through suspension.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.