Clubs: Chelsea FC
UEFA European Under-17 Championship: winner 2010
• A creative central midfielder who can also play on the left, he began a remarkable few months in 2010 by helping Chelsea to FA Youth Cup success in May against Aston Villa FC.
• Was in the England team three weeks later which came from behind to defeat Spain 2-1 in the UEFA European Under-17 Championship final in Vaduz, Liechtenstein.
• Made his competitive debut, as a substitute, on Matchday 1 of the 2010/11 UEFA Champions League at MŠK Žilina – in doing so he became the first player born after the competition's inception in 1992 to appear in it.
• Continued his international development with three appearances (one goal) as England qualified for the elite round of the 2011 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, and a month later made his U21 debut as a late substitute in a friendly loss to Germany in Wiesbaden.
• After a handful of first-team appearances in 2010/11, he penned a new five-year deal in July 2011.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.