Clubs: CR Vasco da Gama, FC Shakhtar Donetsk
• Born in Duque de Caxias, Alex Teixeira joined Vasco da Gama as a schoolboy and was capped by Brazil at youth level before graduating to the first-team squad in January 2008.
• Played for Brazil at the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup before starring for his country at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt two years later; missed the decisive penalty in the final shoot-out against Ghana but scored three goals and was voted second-best player at the tournament (behind Ghana's Dominic Adiyiah).
• Relegated with Vasco in his first season, he won promotion with the same club a year later as champions before joining Shakhtar in January 2010 for €6m after over 50 league appearances for the Rio de Janeiro club.
• Made only three league outings in his first half-season in Ukraine but became more conspicuous during first half of 2010/11, scoring in three successive league games in October, the first of them in a 2-0 home win over eternal rivals FC Dynamo Kyiv.
• Made his UEFA Champions League debut as a substitute in a 1-0 home win against FK Partizan, and his first start in a 5-1 defeat by Arsenal FC in London.
• Won three successive domestic league and cup doubles with Shakhtar from 2010/11 to 2012/13, scoring ten times in 27 league appearances in the latter, the same season he played in all eight of the club's games in their run to the UEFA Champions League round of 16.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.