Clubs: SC Internacional, FC Shakhtar Donetsk
• Born in Porto Alegre, Luiz Adriano was schooled at local club Internacional, making his senior debut in 2006.
• Helped Internacional win the 2006 FIFA Club World Cup, scoring in the semi-final versus Al Ahly SC and coming on as a substitute in the showpiece against FC Barcelona (1-0).
• Joined Shakhtar in early 2007, shortly after winning the South American U-20 Championship with Brazil; made his debut in March against local rivals FC Metalurh Donetsk (2-1).
• A Ukrainian double winner in his first full season with Shakhtar, he came to the fore the following campaign in helping the Pitmen win the UEFA Cup, scoring three goals in the competition including one in the final against SV Werder Bremen (2-1).
• Shakhtar's top scorer, with 11 goals, in their 2009/10 Premier League triumph, he found the net seven times in the league before the winter break in 2010/11, adding another three goals in the UEFA Champions League group stage (all against SC Braga).
• Won his third successive domestic league and cup double with Shakhtar in 2012/13, the same season he hit three goals in seven appearances in the club's run to the UEFA Champions League round of 16.
UEFA Cup: winner 2009
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.