Clubs: B 93, FC København
• Joined København from neighbours B 93 in June 2007, making his debut in the Danish Cup that September and his European bow − as an extra-time substitute in a UEFA Cup tie against RC Lens − a few days later; scored on his first Superligaen start, a 4-1 win at Lyngby BK on 16 March 2008.
• Nicknamed 'Zanka' after the character from the film Cool Runnings, he made his senior international debut in a November 2008 friendly against Wales, shortly after being voted Denmark's young talent of the year.
• A double winner in 2008/09, he was a major contributor to the club's domination of the Superligaen during the 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons, in the last of which FCK finished top by a record 26-point margin.
• Courted the attention of some major European clubs with several fine performances during the 2010/11 UEFA Champions League, notably the 1-1 home draw with FC Barcelona, as FCK reached the last 16 for the first time.
• Represented Denmark on home soil at the 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Championship but disaster struck in September of that year when he suffered a serious knee injury in a league match against Lyngby.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.