Clubs: sc Heerenveen, FC Zwolle (loan), Kapfenberger SV, FC Inter Turku, AIK Solna, Celtic FC, FC København (loan)
• A left-sided defender, Hooiveld started out with Heerenveen in the Eredivisie but, unable to cement a regular place in the side, was dispatched on loan to second-tier Zwolle for 18 months in January 2005.
• Moved to Austrian club Kapfenberg in summer 2006 but made just 14 appearances for the club during eight months before joining Finnish outfit Inter Turku.
• His fortunes were transformed in Finland, where he was voted Veikkausliiga defender of the year in each of his two seasons; inspired Inter to their maiden league title in the second of them, in which he started all 26 games and scored four goals.
• Left for AIK in early 2009 and enjoyed continued success in Sweden, helping the club to their first domestic double; started 28 of the 30 Allsvenskan matches, in which AIK conceded only 20 goals, and enjoyed a fond farewell with a 2-0 victory against IFK Göteborg in the cup final.
• Joined Celtic in January 2010 on a three-and-a-half year deal but failed to spark in Scotland and made only seven league appearances before moving to København on loan in January 2011.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.