Clubs: Deportivo Saprissa, Odense BK, IK Start, FC København
• Bolaños began his career with top Costa Rican club Saprissa, winning the national championship three times in four years.
• Helped Saprissa to CONCACAF Champions League glory in 2005 and competed later that year at the FIFA Club World Cup in Japan, where he won the Bronze Ball as the tournament's third best player (behind São Paulo FC's Rogério Ceni and Liverpool FC's Steven Gerrard).
• Looked set for a move to English club Charlton Athletic FC in 2006 − after appearing for Costa Rica at the FIFA World Cup in Germany − but encountered work permit difficulties and eventually set sail for Denmark a year later, joining OB.
• Left Odense for the Norwegian town of Kristiansand in November 2008, signing with Start; scored twice on his debut, a 3-3 draw at Strømsgodset IF, and ended the season with seven goals in 25 top-flight encounters.
• Added another six strikes in 20 league games in 2010 before joining København on four-year contract at end of the summer transfer window; made four starts and two substitute appearances in the UEFA Champions League group stage.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.