Clubs: EC São José, Grêmio Foot-ball Porto Alegrense, EC Vitória, EC São José, Kalmar FF, FC København
• Hailing from Porto Alegre, César Santin struggled to make an impact in his homeland, playing for a variety of Brazilian clubs mostly outside of the top flight.
• Joined promoted Swedish team Kalmar in 2004 and added his name to a long list of successful Brazilian imports to Scandinavia.
• Won the Swedish Cup in 2007, scoring twice in a 3-0 victory against IFK Göteborg in the final; also the club's top scorer in the league that season with 12 goals as they finished runners-up behind IFK.
• Helped Kalmar to the 2008 Allsvenskan title with nine strikes in 15 matches before leaving in mid-campaign to join København on a five-year contract; won the domestic double with his new club in 2008/09, scoring ten league goals, and contributed another 11 in their Superligaen triumph the following season.
• Eclipsed those totals with 13 goals, including a hat-trick against Odense BK, as FCK moved 19 points clear at the top of the 2010/11 Superligaen at Christmas; less conspicuous in the UEFA Champions League group stage, in which he made just two starts and failed to find the net.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.