Clubs: FC Barcelona
• Brought up in Spain, Thiago was born in Bari, southern Italy, where his father Mazinho was playing for US Lecce − Mazinho was a member of Brazil's 1994 FIFA World Cup-winning side.
• Scored Spain's third goal, a penalty, in their 4-0 defeat of France in the 2008 European U17 Championship final in Antalya, Turkey.
• Ever-present as Spain finished runners-up to hosts France at the 2010 European U19 finals.
• Gained his first experience of UEFA Champions League action on Matchday 6 of the 2010/11 campaign, playing from start to finish as a youthful Barcelona XI defeated FC Rubin Kazan 2-0.
• Scored with an audacious long-range free-kick as Spain beat Switzerland 2-0 in the 2011 European U21 Championship final in Denmark, a month after being an unused substitute in the UEFA Champions League showpiece against Manchester United FC.
• Scored a first-half hat-trick in the 2013 U21 final triumph against Italy in Jerusalem to become the first player to score three goals in a single-legged showpiece and join an elite list of players to have won back-to-back U21 titles.
UEFA Champions League: winner 2011
UEFA Super Cup: winner 2011
UEFA European Under-21 Championship: winner 2011, 2013
UEFA European Under-19 Championship: runner-up 2010
UEFA European Under-17 Championship: winner 2008
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.