Clubs: Rot Weiss Ahlen, Borussia Dortmund
• Born and raised in Dortmund, Grosskreutz joined his home-town club in 2002 but left shortly afterwards for Rot Weiss Ahlen, where he developed his game in the youth sector.
• Helped Ahlen achieve promotion to the 2. Bundesliga in 2008 and proved his qualities in the second tier, scoring 12 goals in the 2008/09 campaign.
• Re-signed for Dortmund in summer 2009, making his Bundesliga debut in the opening game of the 2009/10 season at home to 1. FC Köln (1-0) and scoring his first goal in December against 1. FC Nürnberg (4-0).
• Completed his debut Bundesliga season with five goals in 32 games (21 starts) and graduated from the Germany youth and Under-21 teams to the senior side, making his debut as a 57th-minute substitute in a pre-FIFA World Cup friendly against Malta (3-0) on 13 May 2010.
• Established himself on the left of midfield in the Dortmund side that stormed to the Bundesliga title in 2010/11, scoring eight goals, a tally he almost bettered the following campaign as Jürgen Klopp's team retained the championship.
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2013
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.