Clubs: AA Argentinos Juniors, CA Tigre (loan), CD Temuco, CA Tiro Federal, CD Cobreloa, Club Atlas, CD Colo Colo, Borussia Dortmund
• Born in Argentina to a Paraguayan mother, Barrios began his career with at Argentinos Juniors but did not make the grade with the Buenos Aires club.
• Enjoyed a productive goalscoring period at Cobreloa − following stints with Temuco and Tiro Federal − before a relatively short, dry spell in Mexico with Atlas.
• Returned to Chile in early 2008, joining Colo Colo on loan and finishing top scorer in the Apertura championship; joined the Santiago club permanently in May 2008 and registered 18 goals in 16 games to help them win the 2008 Clausura title.
• Remained in Chile for another half-year before moving to Europe and signing for Dortmund; enjoyed a spectacular debut Bundesliga campaign, scoring 19 goals − the third highest total in the league − and maintained his prolific output in 2010/11, reaching double figures at the end of February in a 2-0 defeat of FC St Pauli.
• Declared his intent to play international football for Paraguay in spring 2010 and was included in that summer's squad for the FIFA World Cup in South Africa, where he made five appearances (three of them starts) as his adopted country reached the quarter-finals.
• Scored once in six matches at the 2011 Copa América as Paraguay finished runners-up to Uruguay.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.