Clubs: CA Vélez Sarsfield, FC Porto
• Born in Buenos Aires, Otamendi joined Vélez Sarsfield as a schoolboy and made his senior debut for the club on 10 May 2008 as a late substitute against CA Rosario Central.
• Developed fast and became a key figure in central defence as Vélez won the 2009 Clausura title, starting 17 of the 19 matches.
• Featured for Argentina towards the end of 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying, starting three matches; went on to gain a place in 23-man squad for South Africa and started the Albiceleste's last three matches – against Greece, Mexico and Germany – in the unfamiliar role of right-back.
• Left Vélez for Porto in August 2010 on a five-year contract and scored on his debut, a 2-0 home win against SC Olhanense, the following month.
• In and out of Porto's 2010/11 Liga-winning side but used more regularly in the Dragons' successful UEFA Europa League campaign, scoring his first European goal on Matchday 6 in a 3-1 home victory against PFC CSKA Sofia.
• A mainstay of the side that won the league championship in 2011/12 and 2012/13, ensuring he has won the Portuguese title in each of his three seasons at Porto.
UEFA Europa League: winner 2011
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.