Clubs: Vila Nova FC, Gil Vicente FC, Vitória SC, Rio Ave FC, UD Leiria, SC Braga
UEFA Europa League: runner-up 2011
• A Brazilian striker, Paulo César moved to Portugal as a 20-year-old, joining Gil Vicente and scoring nine goals in his debut Liga campaign, the first of them in a 2-2 draw at home to FC Porto on 4 November 2000.
• Lost his way following a move to Guimarães and had brief spell back in Brazil before returning to Portugal and reasserting himself with Rio Ave.
• After two seasons with Rio Ave he moved on to Leiria and barely missed a match for the team during a three-year stay, scoring 15 goals in 86 league games; relegation in 2008, however, prompted his departure to Braga.
• Scored six times in his first season at Braga then five the following campaign, including strikes at home to Lisbon giants SL Benfica (2-0) and Sporting Clube de Portugal (1-0) as Domingos Paciência's team surprisingly finished runners-up.
• Scored his first European goal in the 2010/11 UEFA Champions League qualifier away to Celtic FC (1-2) but failed to find the net thereafter in the Minho side's long European run before receiving a red card – while playing as an emergency right-back – in the second leg of the UEFA Europa League quarter-final against FC Dynamo Kyiv.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.