Clubs: Ravenna Calcio, Vitória FC, CF Os Belenenses, Levante UD, Albacete Balompié (loan), CF Os Belenenses (loan), SC Braga
UEFA Europa League: runner-up 2011
• Born in Yaounde, Cameroon, Meyong left his homeland for Italy, joining Ravenna in 1999, but would eventually settle in Portugal at Vitória – not before he had won a gold medal with Cameroon at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
• Won promotion to the Portuguese Liga with Setúbal in his first full season but suffered relegation two years later; remained at the club, scoring 20 goals in 33 games in 2003/04 to earn immediate promotion, and struck 11 times the following campaign.
• A Portuguese Cup winner with Setúbal in 2005, he scored the winning goal in the final against SL Benfica (2-1) – his last game for the club before a summer move to Belenenses; enjoyed a prolific debut season for the Lisbon outfit, topping the Liga goal charts with 17 goals in 26 appearances.
• Left for Levante in summer 2006 but when he returned to Belenenses in 2007/08, scoring a decisive penalty on his comeback appearance, he had already played for two teams that season – Levante and Albacete − and therefore defied FIFA regulations, which brought his club a six-point deduction at the end of the campaign.
• Joined Braga in 2008 and was the club's top scorer with 12 goals in his second season as the Arsenalistas finished runners-up to Benfica in the Liga.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.