Clubs: Blackburn Rovers FC, Manchester United FC
• A highly versatile defender-cum-midfielder who has been tipped for a glittering career, Phil Jones joined Manchester United FC from Blackburn Rovers FC while playing at the 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Championship. He made his senior international debut in England's final UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier, away to Montenegro.
• A product of the Blackburn academy, Jones impressed on his first Premier League start for the Ewood Park club – a 1-1 home draw with Chelsea FC in March 2010 – and was rewarded for his progress with a new five-year deal at the end of the season.
• Started both legs of England's UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-off victory against Romania in October 2010, having only made his debut at that level in an early-season friendly with Uzbekistan two months earlier.
• Primarily a centre-back, Jones began the 2010/11 campaign in midfield but suffered a knee injury against West Ham United FC that December which sidelined him until mid-March.
• Signed for United in a reported €18.7m transfer in June 2011 while at the U21 finals in Denmark, where he played in all three of England's matches.
• Scored his first goal for the Red Devils in a 1-0 victory at Aston Villa FC on 3 December 2011, following it up four days later with another against FC Basel 1893 as United were eliminated from the UEFA Champions League in the group stage.
• Lifted his first piece of silverware in United colours in 2012/13, playing a significant role as the club earned a 20th English league title, despite missing the start of the season with back and knee injuries.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.