Clubs: Manchester United FC, Preston North End FC (loan), Sunderland AFC (loan)
• A product of the Manchester United academy, Welbeck found the net on his Premier League debut for the Red Devils, a 5-0 victory against Stoke City FC in November 2009.
• A few months earlier he scored twice during England's run to the UEFA European Under-19 Championship final, which they lost 2-0 to hosts Ukraine; also suffered disappointment in 2007 against Spain in the U17 showpiece.
• Following a month with Preston North End FC in the second half of the 2009/10 season, he joined Sunderland on loan for the 2010/11 campaign, scoring his first goal for the club in a memorable 3-0 triumph at Chelsea FC.
• Made his senior international debut as a substitute in a 1-1 draw with Ghana − his parents' country of birth − at Wembley in March 2011, and scored a memorable back-heeled winner against Sweden in the UEFA EURO 2012 group stage.
• Established himself as an important squad member at United in the 2011/12 season, scoring 12 times in 39 appearances, and played the same number of games the following season as he won a first Premier League title.
UEFA European Under-17 Championship: runner-up 2007
UEFA European Under-19 Championship: runner-up 2009
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.