Malmö FF are still seeking their first points in UEFA Europa League Group G as they take on an FC Metalist Kharkiv side with a fine European away record.
• The sides are meeting for the first time, and this is also Metalist's first tie against Swedish opponents.
• Malmö took on FC Dynamo Kyiv in the second round of the 1978/79 European Champion Clubs' Cup, winning 2-0 at home following a 0-0 draw in the first leg, which was staged in Kharkiv, as Dynamo's home stadium was being rebuilt to host the 1980 Olympics. Malmö reached the final that season, losing 1-0 against Nottingham Forest FC.
• Malmö lost their opening two Group G games. They were unbeaten in three UEFA home games this season – two wins and a draw – until they lost 2-1 against FK Austria Wien on matchday two.
• Metalist have lost just one of their last nine European away games, recording five wins, three draws and a 2-0 defeat at Bayer 04 Leverkusen in last season's UEFA Europa League round of 32.
• Metalist right-back Oleksandr Romanchuk celebrates his 27th birthday the day after the Malmö game.
• Malmö boss Rikard Norling's midfield career was cut short by injury, but he made his name as a coach, taking charge of AIK Solna (2004-08) and Assyriska Föreningen (2010-11) before replacing FC København-bound Roland Nilsson as coach of the Swedish champions in June 2011.
• Metalist coach Myron Markevich is a keen student of coaching – he has made trips to study Fabio Capello, Christoph Daum and Carlo Ancelotti – and is also an able pianist. He was named Ukraine coach on his 59th birthday, but stepped down in August 2010 to focus on Metalist.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.