A fast-developing striker, Kévin Gameiro scored 50 goals in three Ligue 1 campaigns for FC Lorient, increasing his tally each season, and earning a big-money transfer to Paris Saint-Germain FC. He scored his first goal for France in a June 2011 friendly against Ukraine in UEFA EURO 2012 host city Donetsk.
• Groomed by RC Strasbourg, he made a sensational first start for the club, scoring twice in a UEFA Cup group game against FK Crvena zvezda and thereby eliminating the Serbian side from the competition.
• Relegated from Ligue 1 in his first season with Strasbourg, he was promoted the following campaign only to suffer relegation once again in 2008.
• Left for Lorient and proved an immediate success, scoring 11 goals in 37 games in his debut season, then 17 in 35 the following campaign as the Brittany club finished seventh – their highest in the top flight.
• Increased his league tally for the sixth successive season as he registered 22 goals in 36 starts in 2010/11, ending the campaign as Ligue 1's second highest scorer behind Moussa Sow of champions LOSC Lille Métropole.
• A French youth and Under-21 international, he made his senior debut as an 80th-minute substitute in Les Bleus' opening UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier, at home to Belarus (0-1), and scored on his first international start − a 4-1 win in Ukraine.
• An €11m signing for PSG in June 2011, he made his debut against ex-club Lorient and was on the wrong end of a 1-0 scoreline but recovered to find the net regularly − including a hat-trick at AC Ajaccio − as the Parisians mounted a concerted challenge for the Ligue 1 title.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.