Clubs: Panionios GSS, Olympiacos FC
A right-back who can also operate as a holding midfielder, Giannis Maniatis raised his profile when he joined Olympiacos FC in January 2011 after a lengthy stint with Panionios GSS that brought him 137 Greek Super League appearances. He came on three times as a substitute for Greece in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying.
• Joined Panionios in 2004 and made occasional appearances during his late teens before cementing a regular place in the side after he turned 20 and becoming a regular in the Greek Under-21 selection.
• Made 27 league appearances − all but one in the starting lineup − in 2006/07, when the club finished fifth and qualified for Europe.
• Helped Panionios into the group stage of the following season's UEFA Cup after making his European debut in a 2-0 win at FC Sochaux-Montbéliard in the first round.
• Scored his first Super League goal the following season, against Aris Thessaoliniki FC on 18 October 2008, and held his place in the side for the next two years despite a succession of coaching changes.
• Awarded his first cap in a Belgrade friendly against Serbia on 11 August 2010, he left Panionios for Olympiacos five months later and has since helped the club win three consecutive Super League titles and two Greek Cups.
• Played all four games of Greece's UEFA EURO 2012 campaign, which ended at the hands of Germany in the quarter-finals.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.