Clubs: Olympiacos FC
• Joined the Olympiacos youth set-up following interest also from rivals AEK Athens FC and Panathinaikos FC.
• Worked his way up the youth ladder at the Piraeus club and was rewarded with a brief taste of first-team action in the 2009/10 season, in which he made his Super League and UEFA Champions League debuts within the space of four days in the autumn.
• Became more prominent in Olympiacos's title-winning 2010/11 campaign, his promise being noted by Greece coach Fernando Santos, who promoted him from the Under-21s to the senior squad, handing him his debut as a substitute in a UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier against Latvia.
• Scored his first league goal for Olympiacos against Xanthi FC on 16 October 2010 and added another on the final day of the season to help the club regain the title.
• Registered his first goal for Greece in a February 2011 friendly against Canada, which he followed up with an important double against Malta in Piraeus four months later.
• Scored the winner against Olympique de Marseille in the UEFA Champions League group stage in November 2011, and hit three goals in ten starts as Olympiacos won the Greek double that season.
• Went to the UEFA EURO 2012 finals after scoring twice in six games in qualifying, but failed to get off the bench in Poland and Ukraine. Responded by helping his club to a second successive domestic double in 2012/13, but did not feature in the club's UEFA Champions League group stage campaign that season.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.