A former captain of Greece Under-21s, Grigoris Makos became a regular member of Fernando Santos's senior squad during the latter stages of the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying campaign. Formerly with Panionios GSS, he joined AEK Athens FC and has grown into an important midfield anchorman for the club.
• Made his debut for Panionios at 17 and was appointed captain at 19, also emerging to become the skipper of Greece's U21 side.
• Inspired Panionios to successive fifth-place finishes in the Greek Super League and performed in the 2007/08 UEFA Cup, scoring his first European goal against FC Girondins de Bordeaux in the group stage.
• Made his senior debut for Greece in May 2008 but barely figured thereafter until the 2011/12 season, when he appeared in six of the team's seven autumn fixtures, including three UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers.
• After 130 top-flight appearances for Panionios, in which he struck five goals, he was transferred to AEK Athens, where he signed a five-year contract.
• A disappointing debut campaign for AEK was followed by an excellent one, which concluded with the club's first major trophy in nine years as they defeated Atromitos FC 3-0 in the Greek Cup final.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.