An up-and-coming striker with PAOK FC, Stefanos Athanasiadis made his competitive international debut as a substitute in Greece's final UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier, against Georgia. Strong and elusive, he played a major part in PAOK's impressive qualification for the knockout phase of the 2011/12 UEFA Europa League.
• Born in Chalkidi, he moved to Thessaloniki as a child and joined PAOK's youth academy, returning there after brief stays in Italy and Germany.
• Made his debut for PAOK in February 2007 against Larissa FC and scored his first two Super League goals against the same opposition, in a 4-3 defeat on the final day of the 2007/08 season.
• Not selected in the starting XI for any of PAOK's league games in 2008/09 so moved on loan the following season to second-tier Panserraikos FC, where he struck five goals in 23 league outings plus another in a shock Greek Cup triumph over holders Olympiacos FC; also made regular appearances for the Greek Under-21 side.
• Returned to PAOK in 2010/11 and made his European debut in the UEFA Europa League against Villarreal CF; ended the season with a first senior international appearance for Greece, in a New York friendly against Ecuador.
• Enjoyed a fruitful autumn 2011, scoring vital UEFA Europa League goals away to FC Rubin Kazan and Tottenham Hotspur FC to enable PAOK to top their group and reach the knockout phase for the second successive year.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.