A utility defender who can also play in midfield, Roman Shishkin has advanced his claims for a place in the Russia squad since leaving FC Spartak Moskva for local rivals FC Lokomotiv Moskva in 2010. He made two appearances in the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying campaign.
• Started out with local club FC Fakel Voronezh before moving to the Russian capital and joining Spartak.
• Made his Spartak debut at 17 under the club's Italian coach Nevio Scala but did not become a first-team regular until two years later, when he was an ever-present for the club in the 2006/07 UEFA Champions League group stage, making his competition debut against FC Bayern München.
• Helped Spartak finish runners-up in the Russian Premier League in 2006 and 2007 and also made his national team debut in a 2-0 friendly win against Estonia on 24 March 2007.
• Fell out of favour in 2008 and spent the following season on loan at PFC Krylya Sovetov Samara, making 25 league appearances, before joining Lokomotiv on a permanent basis in 2010.
• Recalled by Russia in November 2010, winning his second cap over three and a half years after his first, and starting the team's UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers in Armenia and at home to Andorra.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.