Clubs: US Città di Palermo, Cremonese (loan), Ancona Calcio (loan), Paris Saint-Germain FC
• A native of Sardinia, he launched his career in Venice before moving to Sicily and joining US Città di Palermo.
• Before representing Palermo in Serie A he was sent out on loan, making 22 Serie C1 appearances for Cremonese in 2007/08 and 15 in Serie B for AC Ancona the following season.
• Returned to Palermo for the 2009/10 campaign and, with ex-Italy keeper Walter Zenga as coach, established himself as the team's first choice between the posts as the Rosanero − later led by Delio Rossi − finished fifth in Serie A.
• Played in the UEFA Europa League in 2010/11 and ended the campaign with 37 Serie A appearances and a runners-up medal in the Coppa Italia.
• Left Palermo for Paris Saint-Germain FC as an Italian international, having made his debut against Ivory Coast in August 2010 and started the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying win in Estonia.
• An impressive debut season in France, helping PSG to second in Ligue 1, led to a UEFA EURO 2012 call-up; was an unused sub as Italy reached the final in Poland and Ukraine.
• First choice for PSG in 2012/13 as they won a first French crown since 1994, and was ever-present as the side made it to the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League.
UEFA European Championship: runner-up 2012
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.